August 27, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
- What motivated you to become a maker?
I’ve always enjoyed drawing and illustrating. I wanted to provide for my family with working to world more beautiful and whimsical. I firmly believe that anything worth creating is worth creating with beauty and humor all over it.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
You are more capable than you believe.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
A toss up between my kids picture book or the mushroom creature series I did last summer. They were made for me, for fun.
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
Working more on 3D and visual graphics. Or illustration. Who knows
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
Dolly Parton, Lin-Manuel Miranda, and Guy Fieri. Whatever they want to. This is not a joke.
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
Roasted sweet potatoes, chicken enchiladas, and white rice (with furikake)
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
Mickey Funko Pops, Posters
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
The plastic tip of a shoelace is called an aglet
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
I need to create one. I suck at self promotion
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?
Instagram and twitter at zswilkinson