August 18, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
Kaleb Buckner / Always Abounding / Co-founder, Business Development & Creative
- What motivated you to become a maker?
A desire to help others, be a solution to their problems.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there sooner. Your work and perspective are needed in the marketplace!
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
A series of food review vlogs for local restaurants. It was 100% free work, but I got to see first hand how engaging content can help other businesses grow.
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
Highly produced video to engage with internal/communications, not just advertising. The world is using video more and the lower quality work for internal communication and networking will be relaxed by intentional, highly professional video.
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
Hands down, Roger Deakins and Donald Miller. Talk about an incredible duo for a video campaign! It would be a project that would bring awareness and support to stopping the sex trafficking industry.
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
The biggest mound of mozzarella sticks that money can buy. Next question.
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
Our Pelican with our camera bodies and lenses and our polaroids of being on set with our team... and a bottle of Blantons. Everything else insurance will cover.
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
O, Brother Where Art Thou? It has my favorite DP (Deakins), my favorite genre of music (bluegrass) and one of the best stories that I always catch something new from.
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
In most advertisements, the time displayed on watches/clocks is 10:10.
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
Professional Studio Musician
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
Check it once a day, no more. You need BALANCE! Also - On a professional page (freelance or organization) post the work you love and curate it (but don’t try to be perfect, there’s a difference.) we’re very opinionated about social media!
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?