October 5, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
- What motivated you to become a maker?
I’ve always loved making thangs, but mostly I wanted a way to get out the ideas in my head and express myself.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
Start earlier, think less, and make more stuff.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
IsItaHotOne.com because it’s such a goofy idea but it still cracks me up. I also love my cool pop series because it combines my love of pop culture with the nostalgia of getting an ice cream from a truck
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
I’m not sure, it could be more client work, collaborations, and partnerships. I’m a go with the flow type person.
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
I don’t collaborate much with other artists. I overthink when I do that so I don’t have any real dream collaborators. I do enjoy collaborating with the amazing Hancock brothers because they have a very free form and encouraging style that cuts through that overthinking.
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
Bottomless shrimp. I stay alive forever and get to enjoy one of my favorite foods!
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
My Oh Hello Show autographed can of tuna and business documents
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
I’m a very repetitive person so I’ll watch/listen to the same things over and over. Real Genius or Hot Rod are probably two I never pass up watching.
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
Mark Morrison (singer of Return of the Mack) hired an impersonator to do community service for him so he could keep touring.
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
Comedy Writer or Teacher
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
I should probably have more intention in planning my posts, but I kind of just post what I’m feeling. I also love treating the caption like a 2000’s LiveJournal and oversharing.
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?
@imakethangs on IG and TikTok