September 17, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
Josh aka Grizzly / Grizzly Wheeler / Owner
- What motivated you to become a maker?
In our opinion there are very few things in life that are as rewarding, as helping bring an idea to life, particularly as merch in our case.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
Slow down every once in a while and absorb the progress of the journey, it truly is the best part of the adventure. For me arriving at the destination, simply triggers my mind to think what's next?
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
Practice jerseys for my son's soccer team, and tshirts for my daughter's best friends birthday she designed. Getting paid to print rad artwork by designers is about as cool a life I could have ever imagined, but working with my kids to bring an idea to life they get to share with people and take ownership of is the absolute coolest.
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
Less humans and more automation. It's a sad fact, but Terminator 2 and Idiocracy have become documentaries and bills don't take a leave of absence.
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
I would hangout with Mitch Hedburg for the day at Cracker Barrel playing checkers and people watching, while enjoying unlimited refills of sweet tea to keep us from choking on the cornbread muffins. That's probably not much of a collaboration, but I have to pinch myself every morning anyways because of all the people we've worked with on projects, so hopefully that response is better than an answer from Sean Connery on Jeopardy?
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
Buttered popcorn Jelly Belly's bedazzled all over two Krispy Kreme doughnuts with a Five Guys cheeseburger in the middle.
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
The hidden can with all the cash in it for my gastric bypass surgery I have to get after I beat Joey Chestnut on July 4th in 5 years.
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
Blockbuster Video, it was the routine and roller coaster of uncertainty, if the movie or video game was gonna be there you were on a mission to get. I was more of a gamer, and we were poor so buying the game was not an option, but the first time I found a copy of NBA Jam was a glorious day.
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
You can call ahead to Olive Garden and get on the wait list instead of standing outside on Friday night for an hour like a dingus.
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
Own a fireworks store. It's still a possibility, yeah baby (picture me saying that last part with a hairy chest and Austin Powers voice)
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
It's not real, it can be far more toxic than productive, it's just a tool so use it that way. I'm also becoming a boring old fart and prefer to make memories in person the old fashioned way, like a human.
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?
Grizzly Wheeler just give it a Goog, if you accidentally buy a 4 wheeler or boxset of Grizzly Adams, it's not my fault you gave it a Bing instead:)