September 22, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
Artie Moreno / Ink in the Stone / Creator
- What motivated you to become a maker?
I have had a love for Disneyland since I was a kid. I have fond memories of my mom and I having passes, going to the park and soaking in the Magic together. Fast forward to sharing some of those same moments as pass-holders with my wife and two kids is an amazing feeling. The Park brings me so much inspiration, it motivates me to create and that’s why you see it influence so much of what I make.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
I would tell myself to draw what makes yourself happy, don’t worry about the “likes,” your tribe will come.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
Big Thunder Mountain is my favorite ride at the park- from it’s thrilling turns to it’s details like Billy the goat- I always love paying tribute to “the wildest ride in the wilderness!”
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
I'm ready to bring more art to life and share as many new things as I can in an online shop.
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
The ultimate Mrs. Mary Blair! I would love to just be her shadow and witness how she put her whimsical stamp on the early days of Disneyland.
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
I’m getting hungry just thinking about this question! Medium rare steak, mashed potatoes, oh! and don’t forget a Mickey Pretzel with extra cheese, please!
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
iPad/Apple Pencil and hopefully a charger
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
The original 1953 Peter Pan, every scene in that movie could be blown up into a perfect poster. Still feel like I notice something new every time I watch it.
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
A group of Jellyfish can be called a fluther, let me know when that comes in handy.
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
Being a Carpenter has always fascinated me, how great to just be like “Need a dinning room table?” “I got you!”
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
No time for negativity
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?