September 10, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
Andrew Kolb / Kolbisneat
- What motivated you to become a maker?
I dunno. At some point it must've clicked with me that the things I like had to come from somewhere and that meant that I could also make the things I like.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
Worry less about how it will be received and focus more on whether or not you'll enjoy making it or are happy with the outcome.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
I'm really proud of the Neverland TTRPG setting book I made for Dungeon and Dragons adventures! It's such a new world for me and really pushed what I could do.
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
I mean I think the adventure books for role-playing games! It's a super fun mix of writing and illustrating and it's a rare thing that once I make, I can also use!
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
Oh I'd love to do an adventure book around the manga Delicious in Dungeon (it's a comic where adventurers need to eat the monsters they fight to survive their dungeon delving).
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
Cheeseburger. Fries. Strawberry Milkshake. Donuts for dessert.
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
External hard drive with one hand and these little Keshi toys (think M.U.S.C.L.E. figures) of Samus from Metroid that I got from an artist named A.R.M. (look up "A.R.M. Minibits").
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
"It's Time to Party" by Andrew W. K. (no relation)
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
Black Cat (of the Spider-Man comics) has the superpower of inflicting bad luck on others.
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
Amusement park costumed character or maybe an operator of one of the attractions.
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
Only post when I think it adds something to the world or when I want to amplify the voices of others.
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?
@kolbisneat most places.