September 28, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
Addison Foote / Freelance Sports Designer
- What motivated you to become a maker?
I collected basketball cards growing up and always admired the artwork on the cards which is what got me interested in design. I’ve always loved sports, so it’s been a natural motivation for me since I love the subject that I design around.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
Work on more personal projects and try to learn as much as possible as early as possible.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
Probably a John Stockton Birthday graphic that I got to make for the NBA. John Stockton was my favorite player to watch growing up and I also learned a lot about 3D while working on it.
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
Things change so fast, I just hope to keep up! I just want to continue learning and expand my skill set into other areas of design by learning more 3D and animation.
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
That’s a tough one! There are so many great artists that I would love to work with. It would be great to work with someone like Ben Barnes to see how his branding process and approach works or with a 3D artist like Tak Wong to learn more about 3D and animation.
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
Well this sucks...I guess I’ll take a pork burrito from Cafe Rio
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
My Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys 🐢
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
Two lefts don’t make a right, but three do!
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
If it can be completely unrealistic, I’d love to play in the NBA.
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
Social media has given me the opportunity to work with so many great people and companies. I’ve had a lot of lucky breaks from posting my work on different platforms, but right now I don’t really have a strategy. I personally don’t focus too much on what, when, and how often I post. I just post when I make something that I like.
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?
Instagram - @addison.foote
Twitter - @addisonfoote
Behance - behance.net/AddisonFoote