August 31, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
Adam Roark / Christ Place Church / Design Lead
- What motivated you to become a maker?
Love of drawing from an early age from my mom and engineering from my dad
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
Learn the difference between art and design.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
A stop motion style animation announcement video. It was the culmination of a lot of my passions.
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
Gamifying and/or animating
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
C.S. Lewis. Illustrate one of His books or make a video game together.
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
Messenger bag with laptops and hard drives. Legal documents.
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
The Chronicles of Narnia.
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
A pregnant goldfish is called a twit.
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
I don’t use it much. It feels like an exercise in narcissism and I’ve had more luck by word of mouth and a portfolio.
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?