September 11, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
Dominique Falla. Typism founder.
- What motivated you to become a maker?
Always loved craft as a child. I’m an only child so it was a great way to keep myself entertained.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
Be creative every day and don’t overthink it. Just make stuff.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
It’s always the next thing I’m about to do.
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
We will be paid for our perspective. Our opinions. Our ideas. Not our skills.
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
Leonardo da Vinci. We would make a wonderful new invention.
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
My coffee machine.
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
Chitty Chitty bang bang
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
Creativity is a muscle. It atrophies if you don’t use it.
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
Have a clear idea of what you’re trying to achieve with social media. Think of it as relationship building, not a popularity contest.
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?