August 24, 2020
- What is your name / organization / title?
- What motivated you to become a maker?
Honestly, it’s the only thing I was ever good at.
- Looking back on the early stages of your journey, what advice would you give yourself now?
Make time for passion projects. In the end they are what make you happiest, and more often than not, are what get you noticed.
- What is your favorite thing you’ve ever made? Why?
Our murals for Oishei Children’s hospital. It was our first big job as pretend friends and was a really rewarding.
- What’s the next evolution for you (or your industry) going to look like?
Personally, it’s always going to be to push pretend friends to the next level. To work with new exciting clients or trying new mediums.
- Who would you partner with (living or dead) for your dream collaboration? And what would you work on together?
I want to make parade floats with Kevin and Jody.
- You're on death row and it's time for your final meal. What'll ya have?
McDonald’s Double cheeseburger no pickle no onions with fries and a large diet coke
- In a world where you have two hands, all of your pets and loved ones are safe, and your studio is on fire, what do you try to save?
All our toys and ear hats haha
- What is one piece of pop culture (movie, tv, artwork, song, etc.) that no matter how many times you return to it you still draw excitement, movement, or inspiration?
Gotta be Disney
- I love useless facts. Impress me with a seriously useless fact!
There are more camels in Australia than any other country
- If you could try any profession other than your own, what would you choose to do?
I’d love to work in the movies
- What is your personal strategy/philosophy when it comes to using social media for your work?
No one can hire you if they can’t find you. So we always try to post as often as we can, but we also try to not spend a lot of tome making posts just to make posts. The goal is always to have something to share that could also potentially become a print or used in some other way.
- Speaking of social media, where can people find you?
Ig: @wearepretendfriends or just search pretend friends on Dribbble